DATA COMPARISON AND MIGRATION
Colombo is something totally new: it compares and migrates data form different sources in different formats. Here is a quick tour of some of its capabilities…Download Now
You guys have great products and I really admire your dedication to user support and consistently improving your apps... Your service is top notch! Keep up the good work!
Bob Gibilaro, MCDBA, MCAD
V. Alexander & Co., Inc.
V. Alexander & Co., Inc.
- Begin with a GUI that only LOOKS simple.. Pick your left side data, your right side data, and hit Compare. Tons of features are behind what seems at first a simple GUI. Tips are there to guide you all the way
- Compare across many different formats Colombo can read data pretty much in any format that can be viewed as ‘tabular’ – CSV or fixed-width text files, Excel files, SQL Query results from Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or any database that has an OLEDB or ODBC driver, MDX queries, XML files, and more… and of course, it can compare data across formats – say, a SQL query result to a CSV file
- Reports that are dynamic, loaded with features, and can do... anything Our comparison results have so many features on them, that the biggest challenge is letting you know of them all. Narrow down rows by various filtering methods; drilldown in hierarchical comparisons; full regular expression search, removing or showing fields according to differences, and ultra-flexible data migration… check the little clip in the ‘Product Tour’ for more info. We’re really excited about this one!
- Hierarchical Compares Define data sources as children of another data source – like few tables related via a foreign key –and do a hierarchical compare to the same set in another database. Then review the comparison results in a hierarchical way which lets you see an overview of the whole thing or drill down for specific differences
- Configurable Comparisons What fields would you like in the comparison? Would you like give them virtual data types for the comparison? Override the natural key? Change culture? Specify ranges for values? Use regular expression patterns to ‘clean’ data before comparing? Everything is possible…
- Migration Scripts Colombo generates clear, well-documented scripts that help you migrate your data from one source to the other. Generate scripts for the entire data differences together, or select specific records, fields, or even specific cells to migrate. Fully compatible with any SQL database
- Test Your SQL Statement Say you have an UPDATE, INSERT or DELETE statement and you would like to see exactly what it would do on your database – Colombo can show you that, without executing the statement. See what would happen on your database IF you’ll be executing it. Drill down into specific data changes that would happen, see if they violate data integrity anywhere, and even generate an UNDO script that does the exact reverse of what your statement would do!