YOUR ULTIMATE GATEWAY TO DATA
Finally, a query tool that’s simple on one hand, yet so much more than a query tool once you really get to know it. It can query everything, and then take the resulting data and do with it… everything!Download Now
We started using Marie-Alix in our heterogeneous environment here. It can seamlessly move from SQL Server to DB2 to our MySQL machines… we couldn’t be more excited!
Marie-Alix OverviewMarie Alix can do so many things that... we are having problems defining it ourselfes! More than anything, it’s a generic interface to your data. Any data. If it can be shown in a tabular format, we can work with it. Be it in SQL Server, Microsoft SSAS, MySQL, text files, Via OLEDB or ODBC, you can easily get to it and do whatever it is you need to do with your data. So guess we can call it a super grid... only its so much more! Read on...
(six months of usage is free. limited time offer)
- Get Data From Any Source If your data can be viewed as a table or grid – we can show it! We can access data from SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, CSV or fixed-width text files, XML files, ADOMD sources (cubes) or and many other OLEDB or ODBC-based data sources, among them all MS Office formats (Access, Excel including 2007), DB2, AS400… even tables in HTML! (Watch this demo)
- Filtering Filtering: If there is any way you ever wanted to filter your data by - we support it! We offer a great many option to narrow down your data, and quickly find your needle in the haystack. from quick filtering to complex logical definitions to full regular expression support - we have it all! (Watch this demo)
- Grouping On the fly, group your data by any combination of fields you desire. Change grouping, combine grouping with filters, define subtotals for each group you've created... there has never been a faster way to get groups and aggregate information over your data
- Relationships Data tables are not always islands. Many times they relate to one another. Marie-Alix enables you to define relationships between tables, and then view the data accordingly. Since data in Marie-Alix can come anywhere, you can define relationships between... anything! Have records in a CSV file be the children of an SQL table, XML data be the parent of MySQL records... anything! see how location and format barriers between data are breaking down (Watch this demo)
- Saving Data Save and move the data about: Once data is opened in Marie-Alix, it can be saved to a local file. The local file can be just a pointer to the data, or it can contain the data itself. This file can then be, for example, emailed to people, with all the extra information you have added to the table - uncommitted data edits, highlights, notes on the data, etc... move data around, or save it for yourself so you will have a 'snapshot' of it, for later use (data can be saved in: a Marie-Alix internal (XML-based) format, ado.NET recordset, XML, CSV and any other format Marie-Alix can load from)
- Highlights Emphasize specific records\fields you are interested in; define attributes such as font, fore-color, back-color, etc... Either select individual records or define logical criteria of records or columns to highlight. A convenient legend is also supplied, to turn highlights on and off.
- Notes Add notes around specific records\fields. Create bookmarks for them. Then jump to specific note\bookmark, for easy high-speed navigation
- Custom Editors Advanced editing features enable to you go a lot further than plain cells to type text in when editing data. A great many custom editors are available, from memo editors (with spell checks) to date and time editors, to lookup list of values, and more...
- Defining Data Rules In addition to basic relationship between tables, more complex logical rules can be defined and applied on the data, and exceptions easily found. Easily find things like: which combination of fields violate uniqueness in a set and in which records, which children in the relationship don't have parents (orphan records)
- Profiling Data Changes Use a direct link from within Marie-Alix to launch the Nob Hill Data Profiler to profile exactly the data you are looking at. Get alerts when your data changes, and the ability to roll back to any point in time!