A COMPREHENSIVE SQL SERVER VERSION CONTROL SYSTEM
Get your SQL Server Databases under version control! Once you know everything you’re doing in your development process is fully logged and can be rolled back at any time, you feel completely free to focus on what you’re doing best – developing and managing your database. Here are some of the features that we are offering…Download Now
You guys have great products and I really admire your dedication to user support and consistently improving your apps... Your service is top notch! Keep up the good work!
Bob Gibilaro, MCDBA, MCAD
V. Alexander & Co., Inc.
V. Alexander & Co., Inc.
Randolph OverviewBackground monitoring of your SQL Servers is just the start! Check out all that we can do...
- Full save of the database's entities Everything that’s being done on your database is saved – everything. Every change to your Tables, Indexes, Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers – its all getting caught by Randolph (even data changes… though we don’t recommend it for very large tables) Randolph is scheduled to run at your desired interval, and catch any work that was done on the database – allowing you to work with the confidence of knowing that everything that’s done is logged, and could roll back at any point in time, into any previous point in time
- An effective GUI: Enables an efficient browsing through the database’s entities - Their various properties, their complete history, and an easy retrieval of each entity’s full source code at every point in time Our work on the GUI is never ending! We are not only the creators of Randolph – we use it daily ourselves! That, and the constant feedback we are getting from our users, make us constantly improved our work. We are always pushing new features in, while making the existing ones more convenient to use. The data is only as useful as the ease of use of the interface to it. And we want you to make the most out of it. This software is not just your minimal version control app; its feature-rich. Getting you familiar with all we have, while keeping it all comprehensible and easily accessible when you need it, is one of our greatest challenges. We think we’re doing a pretty good job at it, and hey – if you think it can be done better, let us know! Usually you’ll see your wish come true in the next release, which usually comes out every few weeks
- Reports: Know exactly what happened on your database across time View all the work that was done on your database, across time – drill down by multiple criteria like change type or certain time span, or focus on a specific entity and see its own full history – even if it was removed from the database or server long time ago
- Searching and filtering While browsing through your database and its history, you can use filters to temporarily hide, show or highlight certain entities. Also, you can now run searches to quickly find what you are looking among all the servers and databases you are scanning – according to criteria like substring to be found in their source code, the data and time of the change, the nature of the change, and practically any other criteria you can think of
- Comparing Entities - what exactly has changed with each database entity at any point in time Use our internal comparison mechanism or any other external code comparison tool you wish to drill down on specific entities and see exactly what was changed
- Integration with Subversion, Team Foundation Server and SourceSafe You have the full versioning information of your databases kept in our internal storage. That’s good – but you may want to use some other versioning tool, like Subversion or SourceSafe, to view it. Not a problem. Just like we scan SQL Server,. We can scan external repositories to see if there is any difference between an entity in the database and its code in your version control system. Match individual entities to their repository copy, or run a match on an entire database (or server even) – to locate the differences for you. Then, we can also automatically update entities and add new ones right into repository!
- Script Your Database Script out your any database or the entire server – at any point in time. Script parts of your database, your entire database, your entire server even – including DTS\SSIS packages! Automatic scheduling of scripting as available as well – say, if you want to script out your entire SQL Server at a given time, a well documented command line interface for our scripting engine is available as well
- Maintaining server level entities as well Everything that you could have done on the database can now be done on the server! Keep full history of your server and everything that’s in it! Logins, jobs, alters, even DTS and SSIS packages! Browse for changes, get reports on history, script them out at any point in time and push to any external repository!